As summer comes, so does the heat. For many offices, this means an overabundance of air conditioning use. Every office has that one guy who complains if it’s above 65 degrees. Sometimes the A/C will be accidentally left on all night and you will feel like you are entering an igloo.
Being cold is associated with a drop in focus and productivity, and this does not help anyone. Below are some tips to stay warm no matter how cold the boss makes the thermostat.
- Keep warmer clothes in the office. It seems crazy to wear a sweater to work when it is 90 degrees outside. But do not let this stop you from wearing warm clothes altogether. Bring a sweater or light jacket and keep it in the coat closet or on the back of your chair.
- Move around! Walking around and staying active not only keeps you warm. It also helps improve focus. Staring at the computer screen for hours at a time may feel more productive, but without taking a break, you probably are not getting as much done as you could. It also will help spark your creativity.
- Get new technology. For those who enjoy any excuse for tech upgrades, you can find great USB hand warmers, heated chairs, or even a heated keyboard.
- Bring warmer foods for lunch and snacks. You can even use the cold as an excuse to grab that second cup of hot coffee. Bring some soup or leftover pasta to keep yourself warm during the midday when focus can wane.
- Consider greener alternatives. For someone who is environmentally-conscious, blasting the A/C can be even more painful than just the loss of focus (and the feeling in your fingers). If there is just one person in the office who keeps the temperature down low, suggest a personal fan that will both take less energy and stop hampering others’ productivity. And if that doesn’t work, consider making your office greener in different ways to make up for the wasted electricity! Reducing paper use by using email and cloud computing more will help a lot.
Regardless of your personal office situation, communicating the issue in a constructive manner can sometimes make all the difference.
The office environment can create some tense and frustrating moments. Conflicts between coworkers happen. However, teamwork and collaboration are two essential parts of a successful business, so working to prevent these issues from arising is important. Here are four tips for how to get along with your coworkers and avoid potentially awkward situations.
- Get to know who you work with. This may seem obvious, but it’s a step a lot of people forget about. Every coworker has their own lives outside of work, and learning about them may help you empathize with them more, and work better together with them as a part of the team.
- Be more considerate with the printer. There is nothing else in the office that can cause frustration quite like the office printer. Trying to scan one document only to find out someone else is printing hundreds of pages can drive you crazy. Creating some good printer etiquette can help.
But if your printer is frequently jamming or too slow to handle the job, consider upgrading. Caltronics Business Systems can help your office find a great new printer at the right price, and save everyone their sanity.
- Hold office events. When was the last time that your office threw a party for a holiday? Simply bringing together everyone during the lunch hour for cake to celebrate someone’s birthday is a great way to make the work environment better for everyone. And when people feel like they are being celebrated, they will be less likely to be confrontational.
- Go paperless. A lot of office conflicts occur over miscommunication and lost documents. This is far more likely to happen when your office relies on printing everything. Switching from printed memos and invoices to online cloud systems ensures that nothing will get lost. Caltronics offers numerous services that will enable your office to move to a paperless model quickly and easily.
No one gets along perfectly with everyone. But you should be able to at least be cordial and work with those who share the office with you. Creating a less stressful environment through more teambuilding and better technology will work wonders in changing the office culture to one that is more positive.
There are two big celebrations during the month of June; graduations for the kids, and Father’s Day for the dads. The dads in your office deserve to be celebrated! Perhaps you want to have a big celebration with everyone in the office, or just give small cards or decorations to show appreciation during the month.
Usually these printables would cost money to get made and printed, but with a great multi-function printer like a Konica Minolta bizHub, you can make everything quickly and affordably. Here are some examples to help you find good (and free) Father’s Day creative printables for your office.
- Pinterest, of course, has a wide variety of Father’s Day printables for both home and the office. You can print out banners or tags that are simple ways to make the office look more celebrative for the fathers. There are even cool printable ties that can be hung up or worn during the Father’s Day office party.
- Everything Etsy has collected over 100 printables specifically for Father’s Day, from gifts to cards, labels, and much more.
- Looking to print cards to recognize the fathers in a more low-key way? Greetings Island has dozens of cards that you can print for free. They include cards with templates where you can add pictures or personalize it in other ways. This ensures that you can add a personal touch to all of them, and with Caltronics’ help with production printing, you can make it even easier to take the cards from basic and boring to unique.
- If you are planning to have an office celebration with kids invited, printing crafts is a great way to make the kids feel more involved with the decorating too. At Activity Village, you can find a lot of free printable Father’s Day activities for kids, including drawing, filling in the blanks, cut outs, and much more.
If you found some printables you liked but are not sure if you can trust your current printer to get the job done, it probably is not getting the job done when it really counts as well. Contact Caltronics today to see how you can upgrade your print environment for both work and celebrations.
You just received an important paper invoice or memo and set it down on your desk. Ten minutes later, another coworker, or worse, your boss, asks for it. When you look at your desk, it is nowhere to be found. Almost anyone who has worked in an office has had this moment of panic at one point. Paper can get misplaced and always seems to disappear at the worst time. Thankfully, there is a solution to the issues that paper filing can cause: a digital sender.
So, what is a Digital Sender?
A digital sender looks like (and is about the size of) a standard desk copier or printer. But instead of printing documents that it receives, a digital sender creates a hi-resolution digital copy of the document that you feed. This works great for memos, schedules, and even non-standard sized documents like receipts, pictures, and more. Once you send it through the sender, it will electronically send a copy to the designated email address, a cloud service, or an external hard drive.
Another big benefit of a digital sender is that you can make most documents editable, and thus searchable as well. This will allow you to save so much time when looking for an old document or invoice. Any office that needs to go through the pain of searching through boxes for an old invoice or file can benefit greatly from a digital sender.
Make Your Office Paperless
A good digital sender, like the HP Digital Sender Flow 8500 offered through Caltronics, can do much more than simply scan and send individual documents. You can turn your office paperless with just one of these machines without much effort. Just plan the folders that you want to organize, and then send the documents through. The HP Digital Sender Flow can process 5,000 pages per day, meaning that even the most paper-cluttered office can go paperless quickly. And there are plenty of security features to make sure that your documents stay secure.
Why are you continuing to deal with the frustrations that come with relying on paper? Give your office a productivity boost by getting a digital sender. Digital senders are useful for any office, and anyone with basic tech knowledge can use it. You will not lose another important document again.
Mother’s Day is coming soon! Are you ready for it? While flowers and chocolates are nice gestures, it has been done so many times before. Do not just stick to the generic presents, especially when you have a printer like the ones offered from Caltronics that can print incredible photos and designs right from home. Adding the hand-made touch will certainly be appreciated, and you can include your children in the effort as well! Below are four great ways to use your printer to make this Mother’s Day the best one yet.
Print home photos.
Thanks to social media, it is extremely common for great photos to stay exclusively online. However, there is a certain level of sentimentality connected with having physical copies of the pictures, as opposed to just seeing them on a screen. With some good card stock or photo paper and your printer, you can make physical copies right from home that can be hung up or put in a frame. You could even start a photo album that can be filled with your favorite memories as a family.
2. Make a unique card.
It’s easy to buy a card from the store. But with a good printer, it can be even easier to print a great card from home. Here are some templates to get you started. This is especially great if your handwriting is not the best; you can type out a sweet note inside the card instead!
3. Print out special presents and decorations that get the kids involved!
DLTK offers an awesome variety of printable activities and crafts for kids, like the classic Mother’s Day coupons, along with gift bags and tags, printable puzzles, and even mini books.
4. Explore the World of Pinterest.
There are great decorations from Pinterest in order to make the entire day festive. You could even print these out and put around your office to celebrate all of the mothers who you work with! Find a variety of different crafts for you or the kids to make, along with invitations for a Mother’s Day celebration, and even printable designs that can enhance the more standard gifts, like cards that go in a pot of flowers or decorations you can hang around the home.
With all these ideas, you’re sure to find the perfect gift for Mom with just your printer.
Printers come in a variety of sizes, speeds, and abilities. When looking for your next office printer, it can become overwhelming. While any busy office can benefit from a standard multi-function printer, some businesses have unique printing needs that require specialty equipment or printers. A wide format printer is one of the most popular types of printers for specialized production. These printers allow you to print large pictures, advertisements, and cutouts on a number of different media, as opposed to just paper like most conventional printers. Caltronics Business Systems offers many high quality, extremely reliable HP wide format printers from their DesignJet series, and they have dedicated professionals who can help you determine which one is best for your needs. But before committing to a wide format printer, you should first learn more about the benefits and make sure it is definitely a good fit for your office.
Benefits of Wide Format Printers
One of the main benefits of a wide format printer is the ability to produce projects that otherwise would have had to be outsourced to other companies. The inconvenience of having this work done offsite can be costly and waste precious time, especially when on a deadline.
Having a wide format printer also ensures that the quality is exactly up to your standards. And things can be changed or fixed on the fly instead of waiting days to receive a product that you are unhappy with and then having to send it back.
Is a Wide Format Printer for You?
Because wide format printers are generally specialty printers made for just wide-format print jobs, it is important to know for sure that a wide format printer is for you. Check your expenditures. Are you spending a significant amount of money on outside companies printing wide format projects for you? Your business may be spending so much money on printing these outside of the office that you could end up saving money only months after you purchase your own wide format printer. Another obvious requirement for getting a wide format printer is space. Do you have an office space large enough to put the printer? It can be cumbersome in smaller or personal offices. But as long as you have the space and would use the wide format printer multiple times a month, it may be a smart idea to invest in one.
If you have determined that a wide format printer fits the needs of your business, Caltronics Business Systems can help take you from just thinking about it to actually getting the right wide format printer for you and ensuring that it lasts for years to come.