Printers are an integral part of the office. But when you have an older printer, it can become a burden on the entire office environment, decreasing productivity and efficiency. While getting a new printer is an expense, it easily becomes worth it when your office stops being tied to a poorly performing machine. Below are five signs that show you need a new printer.
- Constant paper jams. The number one frustration of an aging printer is the inability for it to go through even the simplest job without a paper jam. You shouldn’t have to stand next to the printer watching it diligently when you just want to print out the agenda for a meeting.
- Trouble finding the right toner or driver. The older the printer is, the more likely toner and driver updates will become more difficult to find and less easily available. It can also become more expensive to get the right toner or ink cartridges.
- It isn’t multifunctional. If your office has a printer and its only capability is to print and maybe poorly scan, you need a serious upgrade. With Multi-Functional Printers (MFPs) from companies like Konica Minolta and HP, your office will have a serious gain in productivity.
- Connection issues. An older printer might begin to lose its ability to maintain a connection with all of the office printers wirelessly, if it has wireless connections at all. This slows down efficiency and can make it difficult for people to print at different locations throughout the office.
- Your office has outgrown it. Even if your office printer still works well when it isn’t being overly taxed, a growing office that requires more print jobs will run into issues if the printer isn’t up for the task. As your company expands, upgrading the office printer can ease any growing pains.
A good printer is built to last in even the most demanding environments for years, but they do not last forever. And with the improvements in technology over the past few years, purchasing a Konica Minolta or HP MFP will benefit your office in a myriad of ways. If you need a printer upgrade, contact Caltronics Business Systems to get the right printer for your needs.